I can remember teaching a mat Pilates class and a student responded to me by saying “Hope, my neck hurts when I do that”.
And at that moment it dawned on me that my response was a vague uneducated one: “that’s normal, it will get better”.
WHO THE HECK DID I THINK I WAS! Thank God I didn’t hurt anyone.
It was then that I decided I needed to learn more.
So, I stepped outside the yoga and Pilates world and stepped into the functional anatomy, and biomechanics world.
Here, I learned HOW the body moved, why the body didn’t move, and what truly makes the body move.
When I stepped back into my teaching shoes on the yoga mat, I started one pose at a time: revamping, rewriting, and throwing out poses and moves that just didn’t make sense for or modern world bodies.
My students started to make real strides towards wellness and healing in their bodies.
Poses felt different, but best of all they felt differently.
I want you to know three things today:
Asana is you using your body, so it would be wise to learn from someone who understands it.
You only get one body, so it would be wise if your practice reflects the respect it deserves.
Your poses should make sense, so it would be wise if what you do on the mat enhances how you should be moving off of it.
You can employ these strategies when approaching your yoga practice, workout, or simply how you move in life.
The Master Plank Course is all about you making sense of the moves.
Feeling the muscles and areas you should be feeling.
And building up an understanding for how this connects to using your core in other areas of your life.
- Is Plank the NEW Sit-Up?
- How to Do Plank Properly Video
- Pelvic Floor 101 Video
- Move 1: Plank Knee Pull
- Move-1: Plank-Knee-Pull PDF
- Move 1: Plank-Knee-Pull Video
- Move 2: Plank's Rolling Downward Dog
- Move 2: Plank's Rolling Downward Dog PDF
- Move 2: Plank's Rolling Downward Dog Video
- Move 3: Around The World Plankasana
- Move 3: Around The World Plankasana PDF
- Move 3: Around the World Plankasana Video
- Move 4: Plank Waves
- Move 4: Plank Waves PDF
- Move 4: Plank Waves Video
- Move 5: Snakey Side Plank
- Move 5: Snakey Side Plank PDF
- Move 5: Snakey Side Plank Video
- Core Functional Fitness with Hope Zvara